Monday, June 22, 2009

Paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork!

Well a lot has happened in the past 3 weeks. We have been so busy with paperwork and the home study that we haven't had a chance to update. The Yard Sale was a huge success!!! $1790.55!!!!!! We were totally overwhelmed and surprised, but then why should we be, nothing is impossible with Him!! You know, that brings up a good point. Why do we get so shocked when He does things like that? We say He is able, we say He will provide, we say He is in control, yet when He does these things we act surprised. It's just something to ponder. Let me know what you hear from the Lord.
Our paperwork is almost done. The new home study should be complete this week, and then it will go to AGCI for review. If all is well it will get notarized, certified, and authenticated. Wow that was a mouthfull. Every document we collect must go through this process. Once this is complete we will update our immigration status and send everything to China. We hope to be logged in by the end of July which is one month ahead of the deadline. Therefore, it is one month closer to bringing Maggie Mae home.
We tried to get an update from a lady who has contacts in China; however, Kunming City Children's Institute would not allow it. So we really have no new information about her. We are planning another yard sale in July to try and sell that which was left over. We have also received some donations from others that were moving etc. We are not sure what else is in the works, but I'm sure God will let us know when the time comes.
I, Patricia, am going on a mission trip to Honduras with my church to work with Forgotten Children Ministries. This is one of my favorite trips and am so excited about seeing the boys on the farm and ministering to the people of that community. Please pray God would move through me. My heart for this trip is that I would be available for whatever God has me do and that I would leave knowing I was a channel of blessing, freedom, and salvation.
Lastly, what the Lord revealed to me about Maggie Mae and this whole process is a bit difficult to explain, but I'll do my best. For so long I have known her. I knew she existed and was mine. I didn't know where she was or what she looked like, but I knew her. This is how the Lord feels about us. He knew us before we were even in our mother's womb. Before the creation of time, He loved us. He knew the exact moment we would make our grand appearance on planet earth, but even before that He knew us. So for many, it's hard to understand how you can love someone that is not there or that you do no know. The only way I can explain it is that it's His love not mine that has connected our hearts together. I'm not sure if we will ever be able to understand His love for us, but as we follow Him, He will continue to reveal Himself to us. So pray, listen, obey and walk boldly in the power of God and allow Him to move through you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your words are sooooo inspiring! It's like God has control of your hands as you type! Just reading your inspirational story brings me closer to GOD!! Thanks so much for sharing this chapter in your life with us.

Unknown said...

It was nice meeting you at the Waters on the 4th. Can't wait to follow your journey to your new daughter waiting for you.