Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 4 Comes to a Close ... CLICK FOR VIDEO


Let me start by saying her new nickname is Houdini. She was screaming when I put her to bed tonight and after a very long day of crying and clinging, mom took a break and sat with the kids in the next room. I was in there maybe 5-10 min and she settled down and got quiet. Well I just walked in the room and found her in my bed. That little booger climbed out of her bed and crawled up into ours. She is just laying there talking to herself and laughing. The happiest she's been all day. Well I take that back we had another 10-15 minute spell of happiness earlier today too. I really think this ear infection is bothering her too because she spent most of the day pulling on her ear. So, I guess she showed us whose boss!!!! Please be praying that she will begin to bond with Dexter. She hasn't wanted to go to him much and seems to be wanting me all the time, and she loves playing with the kids. He is able to do some things, but just not hold her and cuddle with her much. I know this is hard for him, and also for me because she is in my arms most of the day. Not complaining, we know this is part of the process. We've gone from don't touch me to don't let me go in the last 48 hours. The scripture the Lord gave me today is from Psalm 73:25-26 "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." My flesh is failing because I haven't slept a full night since the Wednesday night before we left. When she wakes up at night for just a few minutes, I can't seem to go back to sleep. Tonight my prayer is for rest. Mama doesn't do so well without sleep:):):)
So enough of all that. We did make the most of today by getting out and going to the park for a few hours. The kids enjoyed that round inflatable thing on the water again. It's like they are gerbils in a ball. We filmed a lot today for Tony, trying to capture the culture. Everywhere we went we attracted a lot of attention. People taking pictures of us. They would come to watch the kids on the lake or in the bumper cars, and this was not a small crowd, but a rather large one. This must be what it feels like to be famous:):):) I'll take my quiet Pike Road life anyday.
We came back to the hotel for some pbj's and rest time. Dexter went back to Walmart so you guys could see all the interesting things there. I'll try to post the video tonight, but sometimes it takes a long time and I am real tired. Well I know this update sounds on the down side, but we're gonna make it through all this. Just like having a baby, those first weeks are survival mode!!!! Thank you for lifting us up in prayer. Please pray for Dexter. He won't say anything but I know his heart is discouraged. I know she is gonna be a daddy's girl one day, just not soon enough for him. Love you all, and thank you for all your emails. I am trying to reply to them, but I might have missed some. Til tomorrow
Patricia






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your daughter is beautiful. So happy that you have received her in your arms. My husband felt the same way when we were in China getting our daughter, she only wanted me...know she is a Daddy's girl. We pray that she will keep bonding with each one of you. Enjoy your time in China... The Lord has blessed you with one of his special Gifts.

Tracie and Dale Singleton
Anna Lei Jun (Gotcha Day 12-1-02)
Jackson Gray Xuan (Gotcha Day 8-31-04)
Bethany Lynn (Gotcha Day 3-19-04)

Pike Road, AL