Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 7 in Guangzhou China ... Click for video!

Would you ever think cold water could throw you over the edge. Well, believe me, it was the straw that broke the camels back for me this morning. Once again, the whole family slept all snug in their beds, while I lay restless in mine. I finally quit the fight and got up to take a shower and spend some time with the Lord. I decide to take the shower first and much to my dismay, NO HOT WATER!!! Can you say meltdown? I mean really, I can't believe I'm having a meltdown over no hot water. Poor Dexter is so wishing he could fix it, and you know what, he did, with a great big hug. Soon after that, the hot water miraculously came on. As I was getting ready to take my shower the Lord gave me a thought to ponder. Yesterday, I started my day out with LIVING WATER and as you remember, I said it is what sustains me. Well, as I was sitting on the side of the tub crying like my baby, I thought, do I fall apart when I don't have Living Water. I'm not sure I can put into words this time what the Lord was trying to teach me other than I need Him more than anything. So after a long, hot, QUIET shower, we started our day. We had a good buffet breakfast. Oh the sight of all the adopted children with their new families, all sitting happily in their high chairs. So I tried once again to put Maggie Mae in one and she wouldn't have anything to do with it. She sat in my lap and ate a big breakfast. She is a good eater. The only thing I've found that she doesn't like is melons. After breakfast, we went to our medical appointment which was a bit of a joke. It was more like an assembly line of checking the boxes. I guess Dexter and I being nurses gives us a different perspective on things. She hated every minute of it, but thankfully we were out of there with no shots in 30 minutes. We also got her Visa picture taken. Yep it matches her passport, both screaming:):) We are surrounded by so many people adopting and most seem to be doing very well or just faking it, HA! We did meet up with the people we met in Kunming from North Carolina and had dinner with them at Lucy's Bar and Grill. It was such a good evening with very REAL conversation. We decided you become good friends fast when you are frazzled. Anyway, Maggie Mae had her first steak and broccoli and cheesecake and LOVED IT! Now I am happy to report, she is lying in bed WITH DADDY, ASLEEP! She is a sucker for his after bath massages, it really calms her down. Tomorrow we have a free day, so hopefully we'll do some shopping. Well time to go download some video to send, I know that's what yall REALLY want! 4 more days then we travel home with our new addition!!!!

1 comment:

Between You and Me said...

LOVE lucy's bar and grill!!!!!!!