Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 6 Early Morning Inspiration

As I woke up again in the wee hours of the morning, I had an overwhelming sense to spend some much needed time with the Lord. All was quiet and dark in both rooms, so me, my bible, glasses and pillow headed for the bathtub. It was there the Lord met me with His Life giving words. If we want Him to exchange beauty for ashes, we have to give Him our ashes! Psalm 55:22 "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Sometimes we lay our ashes at His feet and expect Him to turn them to beauty immediately. Sometimes He does not "pass the cup". 1 Peter 4:12-13 says "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." When I decided to obey Him and follow Him through this adoption, I walked into it thinking "what a beautiful thing this will be". Unknowingly motivated deeply by trying to make up for past sin in my life, God revealed to me His motivation for me was just to simply love her through Dexter and I. The enemy wants not only to destroy and devour us, but He wants to confuse and deceive us into believing why we are doing what we are doing. Yet, "the eyes of the Lord are ranging throughout the earth seeking those whose hearts are fully committed to him." 2 Chronicles 16:9. HE WINS ALWAYS!! If we will just persevere and trust Him, we will see victory! Listen to His voice and don't believe the lies of the enemy. Follow Him everyday of your life and this will be your witness and testimonty. "We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty." 2 Peter 1:16. Follow hard after Him and be an eye witness to His Majesty!
Love and Blessings to you all.
Patricia

No comments: