Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 9 ... Click for VIDEO!



As we approach our day of departure, I find myself already looking back at how far she has come. As you will see in the two pictures attached, we made big progress today with daddy. He decided to put her in the carrier when we went to the Pearl and Jade Market. He also decided to put in his ear plug, HA!. She cried for about 30 minutes as we were walking through Guangzhou, but then she settled down. He was singing to her the whole time, and when she decided not to fight it any longer she began to hum and sing too. Even when we got back to the hotel room and he took her out of the carrier, he could hold her for a little bit. Also, he seems to be the one that can get her to lie down and go to sleep much better than I can. The kids are counting down the time til we leave to go home, just like they were counting it down before we left. Two weeks is a long time for Dexter and I, so I can only imagine how long it seems for them. Parker said he didn't care if we got home at 2 o'clock in the morning, he wanted to jump on the trampoline. They are already talking about what they want to share in Sunday School. Church is all they talk about, oh how I love that!!!! Well tomorrow is the big day! We go to the U.S. Consolate for our official ceremony. Then, we are done! Emma will go pick up Maggie Mae's visa Wednesday afternoon, and we will be packing and preparing for going home. Our room looks like a bomb went off in it, but 6 people in a single hotel room about 1 and 1/3 the size of a normal hotel room is a bit tight. I'm looking forward to having my space back.
TRUST is the big word this trip, and I think the Lord has been teaching me about trust in so many ways throughout this whole process. It's one of those things that is too difficult to explain, you just know that is what He is wanting to establish in you. I am so encouraged and blessed by all the emails we have received. I am overwhelmed by what the Lord is doing in so many peoples lives. We love you all and miss you terribly. Be home soon!!!!!

No comments: